Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter / Baptism

Last Monday Elder Lords (my old companion) and Elder Divkovic (my dad) came and stayed at our house for a night, while they were traveling. While they were at our house they said that I look super good. Maybe all that healthy eating has really helped! #Goals I know spinach doesn't taste good but just eat it! :)

Ba* got baptized this week!
On Tuesday he had his interview. Turns out he had an operation on his teeth, so when he came for the interview he had a bloody cloth in his mouth with about 3 teeth left. #PlotTwist
Then he got baptized on Thursday, right before I went to baptize him I showed him how I would be baptizing him. Then when I told him I would dunk him backwards he said "I will do it." I was kinda confusing and was like "..okay let's go" I said the prayer, then after, like he said, he fell back basically baptizing himself while he was holding my hands like you do. Right after that I pulled him back up! It was awesome!  
His testimony was awesome too! TBH I don't know what I was expecting when he was about to give his testimony, but turns out he is an amazing story teller! He said that at first he came to the church just for english course. After we had some lessons. When the missionaries asked me to be baptized I told them that baptism will come like a fruit on a tree, it has to grow first, basically quoting Alma 32.

Then I was telling him how important it is to come to church and he promised me that he would come to church. He said he would come to church even if the dentist ended up cutting off his head. He did come to church with a head no worries!
Last week we baptized the Persian guy and he doesn't speak that good of Albanian, and this week we baptized Ba*. Ba* and Persian Guy are best friends! I don't know how they are such good friends or how they even speak to each other but they are. Ba* saw the Persian Guy's watch and said "I am going to give you a new watch." "why?" "just for fun! I have 3 of them" #BFF
BTW: In Albania they often name they children after people or things. For example Gezim which means Joy. Ba* is sacred Islamic religious celebration where they fast for a month. In one of our lessons Ba* told us that he has never participated in the celebration of Ba*.
I thought that this was super ironic that his name is Ba* but has never participated in Ba*. #Goals

This Saturday we had a ward party for Easter. We hid eggs and had some kids and Motra Hanci found them.

Easter: Church, we ate dinner at the Masefield and learned about Passover, Choir, and a devotional type thing at the mission couples house!


Spiritual Thought:
2 Nephi 2:26 " the Messiah cometh in the fulness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they have become free forever"
I am so grateful for my savior and that this week we had an opportunity to remember his Eternal sacrifice so that we can "become free forever"
Read the Book of Mormon!!!


Love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Michael Ueston