Tuesday, May 2, 2017

funny words

I am going to try to make this email fun

To start off the week, I went on an exchange! I went with my homie Elder Samuel who's from England. (His name is Elder Samuel because his last name is a swear word in Albanian :) ) He says he speak "English" but he uses a lot of funny words for example:

  • The pitch (the field)
  • Rubbish Bin (trash can)
  • Muppets (dumb people)
  • Trainers (any type of shoes) 
  • What's the crack (what's up)
  • cheers (hi but also good bye....)
  • pub (bar)
  • Pants (not pants)

confusing huh?! for example:
"When I got to the pitch, with my trainers on, my mates said to me 'cheers' and I said 'what's the crack you rubbish bins? want to go to the pub?' Do you understand? I don't either! He is awesome though! As he might say "he is hard-bodied!" (he is cool)

Our work here is doing good. We have a new friend named Ar* who is super cool, the other Elders found him for us (because he lives in our area)! I was hoping people would just call us so we wouldn't have to street contact and it worked! #Blessed!   Our friend Al* didn't sleep in this week and came to church so I guess we could count that as a plus 1!

We played soccer (some might call it football) on the pitch this Saturday, then this morning we played soccer and american football, on the pitch, for P-day, with a lot of the missionaries in Tirane!
The office couple ordered 24 boxes of Russian pamphlets instead of 24 pamphlets this week! haha Don't tell!


Spiritual Thought:Nephi says this to his brothers
1 Nephi 11:17 "I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." Sometimes you don't have to know everything to help other people! Maybe you just need to know that God loves us!  I know that I don't know the meaning of all things but I do know that God really does love us and will always love us!


Love y'all!
Have a great week!

Elder Weston