Sunday, November 5, 2017

giving talks

This week this member came up to me and asked if he could give a talk. I said "why not." expecting his talk to be 1 min or so. I asked him what he was going to speak on, he said "nephi 1-20." I told him to talk about his experiences and maybe just read 1 verse. He said "okay." Sunday rolls around and he reads all of 1st nephi 1, and 2nd nephi 2 and probs more! It was about 15 mins of just reading!!
Moral of the story: Not everyone should give a talk!

The Berat missionaries didn't know how to use our baptismal font and it didn't hold the water over night! poor kids! President and the APs joined us for our district meeting! Presidents training was amazing!

I called the father of some our investigators to ask him if his daughters could get baptized, because he said no before, and he said they could! that was a true miracle of the week!

We stated to do this new way of contacting where we give people a page of the Book of Mormon with a couple of questions, "what do you think is interesting?" "do you want a free book?" etc! it has been fun thus far!

Spiritual Thought: 3 Nephi 9:13-14 " O all ye that are spared... will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you? ... if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life.Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive..."  After I read this scripture it helped me understand the amount of love our God has for us! He just wants us to come back to him! He just wants us to live with him again! But he needs us to repent and be converted that He MAY heal us! and he will receive anyone who comes unto him!
I know that God loves and watches out for us! He just wants us to return to him!


Have a great week!
Love
Elder Ueston