Monday, February 6, 2017

1000 Leks ($10.00)

I found out that a kilogram of sausage was only 400 Lek, or about $3.60. No worries I bought it! I didn't want to lose money! And I might do it again this week! ;)

Interesting Fact: When Albania was under communist rule they changed the word "baptism" to "Pagezim," which means, "without joy." Pa: without, Gezim: Joy. Interesting huh?

This week was really interesting, We talked to a lot of people and a lot of them said they could meet... "neser, neser, neser" (tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow) which means "one day." Or they said "Do T'Ju Marr Vetë" (I will call you.) I am so excited for that "tomorrow" they are all going to meet with us! Or that day when they will call us!

We met this Guy from Brazil this week, he's a member. He was lost, we helped him find him home and the church, so he could come to church the next day! You probs could say we found a lost sheep!

We met this guy named Mario he is super cool! He is smart and I hope he gets baptized, 1. because baptism is great, 2. His name is Mario! Then I will find a Luigi

STORY TIME: This week we saw a couple of homeless people asking for money, we didn't get them any BUT. Later that day we went outside and went behind some building to pray and found 1000 Lek (10 dollars) and I thought "If the beggars would just go and pray God would take care of them." Moral of the story: "seek first the kingdom of God!" 3 Nephi 13:33


Spiritual Thought: This week I thought it would be nice to use the bible, In Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

I know that though the Lord we should never be afraid because he is always there for us and will always help us, like D&C 84:88 says " I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

I know that the lord will always be there to lift us up and help us!

I love you all!
Elder Ueston