Tuesday, January 31, 2017

"Good Tidings"

This week a lot of funny little things happened!

1. Mission Conference in my hometown ELBASAN! And they changed a lot of things like our schedule and key indicators and it was sweet seeing everyone again!

2. We didn't get a transfer call, so we are staying here in Tirana.

3. This guy got baptized then we had an Albania dancing party! It was sweet! And people brought food and we sold it so the young women could get money to go to the temple! I was spoiled in Utah!

4. Our homie Shefik read the Book of Mormon and wants to get baptized! I am so excited!

5. I made about 80 waffles, 6 times the recipe!

6. The lights when out during our English course and we had it in the dark! Good thing english is all about talking!

7. I tried to make cookies, we had 30 mins during lunch... they didn't work out!

And that is what happened to me this week!

Spiritual thought:
I was reading in 3 Nephi 20:40 "..How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings unto them, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings unto them of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion: Thy God reigneth!"

In Albanian "Good Tidings" Translates to "Good News." Also a lot times in the Albanian Bible they replace "Gospel" with "Good News"

How true this is! On the earth today the gospel is the best news that anyone can get! The gospel is the news of salvation. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ who gave us His fathers gospel that we can return to Him, and that He restored the gospel upon the earth today! I love Him with all my heart.

I invite you all to bring Good tiding unto your friends, and publish peace by inviting people to church!


Love you all!
Elder Michael Ueston